The Halesowen Bid has recently been established and this important role will be crucial to the way in which the BID develops for the benefit of the businesses within the BID area. Thus, we seek a charismatic town centre manager to lead on:
- Projects management
- Liaison with businesses
- Creation of partner relationships with appropriate business and community organisations and establishment of business networks within the area of the BID
The Role –
- Drive the BID forward for the benefit of all businesses within the BID area.
- Work closely with the BID Board to:
- Achieve the Board’s aspirations.
- Create the environment to encourage shopper, services users and new businesses to the area.
- Deliver the BID Business Plan.
- Maintain a visible presence to businesses, partners and stakeholders within the BID area.
- Meet with all the businesses individually within the area on a regular basis and to gather opinions and proposals from those sources.
- Provide regular feedback to all businesses with the area and to the BID Board.
- Be innovative with new ideas and proposals.
- Use own initiative to seek to introduce new ideas and to resolve any problems/complaints that arise.
- Liaise on a regular basis with Dudley MBC Departments/Officers/Members as appropriate, West Midlands Police, Principal property owners (e.g. Cornbow Centre Management, Trinity Point, Fountain House etc.) community groups, the press and news media.
- Develop and maintain necessary administrative system.
- Other activities as may from time to time be directed by the BID Board.
Personal specification and desirable core competencies –
- Be well organised and self motivated.
- Ability to deliver on projects and plans.
- Possess proven project management ability.
- Possess excellent networking skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Be a creative thinker and have problem solving skills.
- Have a sound understanding of financial management.
- Be IT literate.
- Have a good knowledge of the locality and its environs.
- Have experience of BIDs management or of similar organisations.
- Business/industry related qualification or certification.
- Experience of working with a range of agencies, community groups, stakeholders and partners.
- Have an understanding of consumer marketing, communications and PR including full use of social media.
Other Pertinent matters –
- The role will be based in Halesowen Town Centre – office accommodation provided.
- Initial training will be provided where necessary to satisfy a selected candidates needs.
- Some evening and weekend working will be required as necessary.
- Annual leave entitlement is 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Successful candidate subject to a 6 months probationary period.
Salary for the post: Up to £30,000 pa.
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week on flexible basis.
- Part time could be considered.
- Holiday allowance plus public and bank holidays.
- Application deadline – 5pm on Friday 16th February 2018.
- The contract will run from the date of appointment to the 30th June 2022 and may be subject to continuation if a successful vote is concluded to renew the BID for a second term.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org