Halesowen Town Centre was once a thriving business community but in recent years has faced a number of new challenges. This includes competition from larger shopping malls and online shopping. Halesowen is still regarded as one of the hidden gems of the Dudley Borough and has a wealth of history and character. An opportunity has arisen to revitalise the Town Centre in the form of a Business Improvement District (BID).
As a community we can unlock the potential that Halesowen has to offer.
What is a BID?
A BID is an initiative run solely by local businesses. They join together and vote to make a collective contribution which can be used to deliver improvements to their area. It would allow us to:
- Work together as local business owners and decide how we want to improve the area.
- Share ideas as a community on how to increase footfall and raise the number of visitors to the town.
- Ensure the BID levy money is wisely spent – unlike business rates which are paid to the Local Authority and part paid on to Central Government.
The next steps to the BID project:
- We will form a group of town centre businesses to attend monthly meetings throughout the development of the BID.
- We will develop a number of communications channels to ensure all business are aware of the latest news this will include: a website, regular newsletters and a magazine.
- There will be a development of the BID Constitution and financial appraisals.