From time to time, Halesowen, like most towns and cities, suffers from pavements covered by chewing gum residue, from graffiti on walls and litter-strewn corners and wasteland. The BID working with Dudley MBC will enable us to enhance the appearance making it a pleasant place to visit and work.
- Greater Security – Investment would be made in CCTV around the BID area as well as potential security patrols making it a safer place to work and live in, and providing peace of mind for visitors.
- Cleaner Streets – A dedicated cleaning and maintenance service will enable our town centre to glean, resulting in a more pleasant place to be within.
- Safe Haven – Working in conjunction with West Midlands Police a late night ‘safe haven’ will be created where visitors and staff during the evenings can feel safe and protected.
- Positive Façade – Creating a positive image by keeping empty shops and business premises presentable by investing in smart shop frontage graphics.
- Car Parking – The BID will be able to work closely with Dudley MBC on the trials being carried out currently on additional free parking time within the existing car parks in our town. This will enable the BID to seek improvements to the environment of the car parks thus enhancing the visitor experience when coming to Halesowen.